Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cool Snorkeling Beach

Marcus loves catching sand crabs. He let this one crawl all over his hand and arm.
Marcus' girlfriend. She holds his hand and wants him to spend all his time playing with her.
The sand in the Southwest part of the island is different. Not the white sand we are used to. It was frustrating that such a cool beach to go snorkeling was so trashy. You can see the garbage on the beach. It was in the water too. The local people don't appreciate and take care of the beautiful resources they have. I think that is sad.
We love to go to the beach with our friends

This is a sea urchin. The red middle is the mouth . They were all over at this beach. We all wore our water shoes on this beach for sure. We saw 2 different kinds of Morey Eels, Butterfly fish, lots of other colorful fish I don't know the names of, star fish, and some puffer fish. I didn't know how dangerous puffer fish can be or I would have been more careful. (I do things backwards. I found out about the fish after we got home.)They are one of the most poisonous fish in the ocean. They have enough poison in them to kill 30 adults. We were chasing one and kicking at it trying to get it to puff up. I won't be doing that again!!

I wish I could have all of you here to do these things with us. We miss everyone and we are so excited to come home soon.


2 comments:

Kade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kade said...

I've seen you all play kickball so I don't think the pufferfish had anything to worry about. j/k! I'm glad no one got hurt. That sounds like a lot of fun.